World Music Day 2021 - Jun 21, 2021
Thank You all so very much for your participation in the World Music Day Recital 2021. This is a great..
way to celebrate and share the joy of music with family and friends.
A very Special Thank You to Ms Bettina and Mr Hugo for coaching the group performances.
As with the previous recitals, we are so proud of all the performers. We can see dedication, joy, and passion in all of the performances, all are deserving of an award in some way, although we can only select a few for special recognition. We are very pleased to announce the award winners below, please join us to congratulate not only the recognized winners, but also all of our performers for a great job well done.
For this special event, we are also very pleased to award two additional prices for Most Progressed students based on teacher recommendations.
Best production award:
- Budapest (group performance, students of Ms Bettina), $50 Amazon gift card
Musical performance awards:
- Crystal Cheng (student of Mr Cuong): $25 Amazon gift card
- Michael Jacobson (student of Ms Paige): $25 Amazon gift card
Technical performance awards:
- Huynh Tam Lam (student of Mr Hugo Nogueira): $25 Amazon gift card
- Jasmine Goldsmith (student of Mr Cuong): $25 Amazon gift card
Most liked by friends / family award:
- Luella Lam (student of Ms Bettina Houser) - with 63 Likes, $50 Amazon gift card
- Runner up: Lola Blash (student of Mr Cole) - with 17 Likes, $25 Amazon gift card
Most improved encouragement award:
- Sean Moran (student of Ms Ekaterina), $25 Amazon gift card
- Spencer Wang (student of Mr Cuong), $25 Amazon gift card
Waltz Op.39 Nº15 by Brahms
Sonata Op. 14 No. 1 Allegretto by Beethoven
Huynh Tam Lam
Brown eyed girl
Like I'm gonna lose you
The only Exception
Karlie Ryan Gardea
Kloe Marie Gardea
Inter-City Stomp - Christopher Norton
Ellie Spring Pobiega
Mai Huong Nguyen
Frequently asked questions
Please ask your teacher to register your name for the recital.
For virtual recital, this will reserve a place for you to post your performance video on this page. Your teacher can then help you with making your best performance video. Please limit performance to maximum 5 minutes. However, we will accept some exceptions based on the teacher's recommendation if the performance has to go a little over the time limit. The video must be submitted no later than the deadline using the Upload button (under your name). If you need any support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For virtual recital, videos will be available for viewing and audience voting on the recital's planned date.
You only need to have a Facebook account to be able to vote. Just click or tap on the Like button. You can 'like' more than one performance.
If you're a HBSM teacher, you should see buttons to judge a video. If you don't see these buttons, please log in to the teacher portal and come back to this page.
The winner will be selected at the end of two weeks after the recital date. If there are multiple performances with the same highest number of likes, we will select one randomly for the reward.
Absolutely. We will be giving four Amazon $50 gift card awards, for the following categories. The winner(s) will be posted on the school's website. We will also contact and email the gift card to the family.
- Best musical performance - judged by HB School of Music teachers
- Musically and stylistically performed
- Displaying contrasting and variety of emotions
- Best technical performance - judged by HB School of Music teachers
- Display of good technical competency
- Good execution of technically difficult works/passages
- Level of difficulty for the work performed
- Employing a good variety of techniques appropriate to the music
- Best production - judged by HB School of Music teachers
- Appropriate for the theme of this recital (Father’s Day or World Music Day)
- Recording quality
- Presentation and creativity
- Extra points for group performances (duet/trio, etc.)
- Most voted - voted by friends and families
- The most liked video by peers, friends and family through Facebook