Father’s Day / World Music Day - Jun 21, 2020
It is a heartfelt Thank You for your participation in the "Father's Day / World Music Day" virtual recital...
What a great way to show we can be positive, make music, have fun, and stay safe during this very challenging time.
We are so proud of all the performers, and it is a great job by all to prepare for this recital, so close after our first virtual Spring Recital in May (Mother's Day).
We can see dedication, joy, and passion in all of the performances, all are deserving of an award in some way, although we can only select a few for special recognition. However, in addition to the main awards which we announced at the beginning of the recital, we have decided to give additional runner up awards to recognize other note-worthy performances.
And now, on the July 4th holiday weekend, we are very pleased to announce the award winners below, please join us to congratulate not only the recognized winners, but also all of our performers for a great job well done.
The winner "Best musical performance" is:
- Peter Nophsker (student of Mr Cuong Nguyen) - First Prize: $50 Amazon gift card
- Amber Zeng (student of Ms Arax Petrossian) - Runner Up: $20 Amazon gift card
The winner "Best technical performance" is:
- Jonathan Thorton (student of Mr Hugo Nogueira) - First Prize: $50 Amazon gift card
- Riley Rama (student of Mr Troy Sargent) - Runner Up: $20 Amazon gift card
The winner "Best production" is:
- Luella Lam (student of Ms Bettina Houser)
- Award: $50 Amazon gift card
The winner "Most voted by friends / family" is:
- Luella Lam (student of Ms Bettina Houser) - with 239 Likes!
- Award: $50 Amazon gift card
Anna Maria Julien
Frequently asked questions
Please ask your teacher to register your name for the recital.
For virtual recital, this will reserve a place for you to post your performance video on this page. Your teacher can then help you with making your best performance video. Please limit performance to maximum 5 minutes. However, we will accept some exceptions based on the teacher's recommendation if the performance has to go a little over the time limit. The video must be submitted no later than the deadline using the Upload button (under your name). If you need any support, please contact us at email@example.com.
For virtual recital, videos will be available for viewing and audience voting on the recital's planned date.
You only need to have a Facebook account to be able to vote. Just click or tap on the Like button. You can 'like' more than one performance.
If you're a HBSM teacher, you should see buttons to judge a video. If you don't see these buttons, please log in to the teacher portal and come back to this page.
The winner will be selected at the end of two weeks after the recital date. If there are multiple performances with the same highest number of likes, we will select one randomly for the reward.
Absolutely. We will be giving four Amazon $50 gift card awards, for the following categories. The winner(s) will be posted on the school's website. We will also contact and email the gift card to the family.
- Best musical performance - judged by HB School of Music teachers
- Musically and stylistically performed
- Displaying contrasting and variety of emotions
- Best technical performance - judged by HB School of Music teachers
- Display of good technical competency
- Good execution of technically difficult works/passages
- Level of difficulty for the work performed
- Employing a good variety of techniques appropriate to the music
- Best production - judged by HB School of Music teachers
- Appropriate for the theme of this recital (Father’s Day or World Music Day)
- Recording quality
- Presentation and creativity
- Extra points for group performances (duet/trio, etc.)
- Most voted - voted by friends and families
- The most liked video by peers, friends and family through Facebook