The school was founded under the name Concert Music School with your child's music education and future in mind. The study of music has been demonstrated to significantly enhance intellectual and artistic development of a young person and to help them develop confidence and a positive outlook about who they are and what they can accomplish.
From September 2017, Concert Music School has changed its name to Huntington Beach School of Music.
We believe learning to sing or play an instrument should and can be fun. It’s very important that every student has access to high quality music instruction, also given the opportunity, encouragement, and supportive environment to perform regularly. Our school's mission is to provide this access, opportunity, and the environment where natural musical growth can be nurtured.
HB School of Music was featured
Saturday August 17th, 2019
on CBS2, "This is LA" EP 319
Why Choose Us?
When you enroll at Huntington Beach School of Music, you open the door to many membership benefits beyond the lesson room, including:
- One hour of music theory per week at no extra cost. When combined with a weekly private 30-minute lesson, that's getting 90 minutes of expert instruction for less than $40 per week! Please check here for more details about our pricing.
- Opportunities to join a professionally coached ensemble with a discount fee.
- Wide-open access to lesson rooms and The Recital Hall for all of your practicing and performance needs.
- Many opportunities to perform:
- At least six Concerts held at HBSM's recital hall (or online) per year, at no extra cost
- Musical evenings (only for adult students), at no extra cost
- Two annual recitals at a big theater, i.e., Huntington Beach Library
- A flexible and generous approach to lesson make-ups to accommodate busy families.
- Instrument rental with affordable price (limited availability).
- Discounts on tuition fee for family members.
- Scholarships/Financial Aid for students with high potential or with financial needs.
- and much more!
- Convenient location and spacious parking
- Large and bright classrooms: 10 private classrooms, a large group class room and a recital hall
- High quality acoustic pianos
- Comfortable waiting area for parents and siblings with free Wi-Fi, children’s homework tables
- Easy drop off/pick up
- Books available for purchase, for your convenience
Meet Our Staff
We currently have 20+ teachers on staff and we are growing every month. Below you will find bios for our staffs.
Dr. Mai Huong Nguyen
My husband, Cuong, and I share the love of music. We bought Concert Music School in 2014, which is now...
More about Mai
Graduated with a Bachelor in Music with Honors from New Zealand, winner of the Yoshiro Irino memorial...
More about Cuong
Dr. Hugo Nogueira
Hugo Nogueira is currently teaching guitar at Los Angeles Pierce College. Hugo won the 2011 American...
More about Hugo
Dr. Ekaterina Bessmeltseva
Ekaterina Bessmeltseva is a concert pianist whose performances span North America,
Europe and Russia....
More about Ekaterina
Saxophones, clarinets, flutes,..
Multi-woodwindist Gary Gould developed his passion for performing and teaching over a long and successful...
More about Gary
Jaclyn is an accomplished violinist who began her musical journey in violin at the age of four and in...
More about Jaclyn
Guitar, Voice, Musical Theater
Orchestral and Operatic conductor, Maestra Aline Sardão is a native of Brazil. She began her Music studies...
More about Aline
An experienced violin teacher with Master's Degree at UCLA in Music. A member of MTAC and Royal Conservatory...
More about Eriko
Troy Sargent is a freelance trumpet player located in Orange Country, California. He is a popular choice...
More about Troy
Voice, Piano, Ukulele
Rachel is a classically trained soprano, with experience in opera, art song, oratorio, musical theatre,...
More about Rachel
Guitar, Ukulele, Flute, Piano,..
I am originally from Austria, the center of classical music and have had my musical education on my instruments...
More about Bettina
I started learning music on a keyboard at the age of seven. After 4 years learning and applying piano...
More about Melody
Desirae has a Bachelor’s degree in Vocal Performance with an emphasis in Jazz Studies from California...
More about Desirae
Cello, Violin, Piano
Natalie is a cellist who began her musical journey at age five. She believes that no matter the background,...
More about Natalie
Mrs. Nguyen graduated with an honored degree in Piano Performance in HCM Conservatory of Music in 2004....
More about Ann
Saxophone, clarinet, trumpet, guitar,..
Growing up in a musical family, Paige naturally fell in love with music and got her hands on every musical...
More about Paige
Voice, Piano, Ukulele
Sally Rose Bates, mezzo-soprano, earned a Masters Degree in Vocal Performance from Georgia State University...
More about Sally
Bassoon, saxophone, piano
Antonio started his musical journey at a young age by taking private piano lessons, then he transitioned...
More about Antonio
I was born in Armenia, Yerevan.
Went to Tchaikovsky specialized secondary music school (major voice and...
More about Arax
Ricardo Rios started playing violin at the age of 7 in his native Mexico and later came to the United...
More about Ricardo
Molly is a dramatic mezzo soprano with a strong background in classical voice, music theater, and jazz...
More about Molly
Piano, Violin, Ukulele, Guitar
I have been studying music since the age of 6. I went on to earn my Bachelor's degree from Chapman University,...
More about Ashley
Marylin grew up in Fresno and began her musical studies at age eleven. From there she joined her local...
More about Marylin
Community and passion are two words that cellist Andrew Loveland does not take lightly. As an alumnus...
More about Andrew
Originally from the Bay Area, Cole Perez is a multifaceted violinist with experience in performing and...
More about Cole